Friday 13 April 2012

Railway Children


Hi there crafter's

April is definitely living up to its reputation
April Shower's.

Plenty of time to craft, which is good,
should really be ironing but its turning into a bit if a sculpture!
so I,d hate to spoil it now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today,s card is on the same lines as a few cards
 I have shared with you. 
It,s been very popular with friends and a favourite of mine too.

An easel card of course! is there any other style?
I may just surprise you all one day,
not sure which one though , so you,ll have to keep looking.
You would,t want to miss it now would you?

Going back to this card.
I used the Faye Whittaker CD from Joanna Sheen.
The decoupage is already done for you, except cutting out of course.
It started off being oblong and I have used a die to give 
it a new look. I think it works well as an easel and gives it more depth.

To get all the layers correct and in line, start with the base layer.
Draw around the shape of the die and cut out.
Then cut out all the other pieces.
Take the second layer and lay it on the top of the first layer.
Draw around the original piece to get the shape correct. 
Make sure it is ligned up, continue in this way 
for all the layers, then use glue gel in the normal way.

Use a smaller die for the sentiment and layering , 
card candi to embellish and
 faux stitching around the edge to give interest.

Hope you enjoy your day
Don,t forget to share your cards with me
 via email or on facebook.
I,ll look forward to seeing them.

until tomorrow

jens xx