Sunday 24 February 2019

Inside Easel



Afternoon crafter's.

It's been really foggy here this morning but thankfully
the sun is now burning through and turning into a lovely day.

Today I thought I would show you a card I have made using
 Heartfelt Creations Tulip time collection. Such a beautiful collection
of stamps and matching dies.

For this I have created what I call an inside easel card base.
Basically it is a card placed within a card to sit as if an easel.
 You can see this better from the side view below.


I matted and layered all sides with gorgeous paper from the Tulip
Time paper pad. I then stuck the smaller card to the inside of the larger
one as shown. I'll start with the outside front which is in the photo below.


Using one of the larger square toppers from the paper pad,
 which I matted onto to black card and then again onto the backing paper.
 I inked the edges to blend them in.
I stamped, die cut , coloured, then shaped the small flowers,
 the jug and leaves from the Tulip collection and also leafy accents.
Arranging then onto the topper with 3d glue gel and/or foam pads.

Turning to the inside base.
I die cut 2x Ornate pocket accent die and cut them down to fit.
Then for the stopper I die cut 1x Decorative pocket accent. 
I drew around the outside of the same die to create a matt in matching paper.
Adding this to the front of the base with 3d foam.

Now the front facing us.
Again die cut 2x Ornate pocket accent, again matching
 it up and cutting away the overlap Making sure you
 line up the pattern for a neater finish.
I cut out a shaped topper from the paper pad and added it to the card
centrally with foam pads.
Next I stamped , die cut, coloured and shaped some of the Leafy accents, 
2x planters and 3x stem tulips.
These were all added to the card base and were stuck down
once I was happy with the layout.

For extra effect I added some tiny gems around
 the edge of the inner panel and also a small tag from the paper pad.

The card is now finished, but you could also add glitter etc if you wanted to.
Me and glitter don't get on lol 

Hope you like the card and hope to see you again soon.

Bye for now

Jens xx


1 comment:

Robin Horasanian said...

Thanks for sharing your directions.